Archetype3D is looking for enthusiastic and experienced architectural and scale model makers to join our small team!
We have a really great facility here in Denver CO, offering a progressive model-making environment combining the latest technology with the old school artistic skills required to produce spectacular finished models. We have a full functioning 3500 sq ft facility containing a wood shop, laser cutters, 3d printers, paint booth and all the needed equipment and material required to produce world class products.
You will work both independently and as part of a team to perform and coordinate the building of a wide array of models, prototypes, and mock-ups to specifications determined by the client. You will work from sketches, renderings, layout drawings, completed detailed drawings, and CAD data as available in accordance with a predetermined schedule and/or priorities. Familiarity with various 3D CAD software platforms is preferred as well as at least some previous model making experience (could be as a hobby, not necessarily as a previous job).
But our biggest requirement is that you have a passion for creating and fabricating models!
Please send your resume, portfolio or even just a few images of your best work, and a little info about your experience and why model making is your passion.
Please explore the website to see all the different types of projects you could be involved with. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
President, Archetype3D firstname.lastname@example.org 303.449.0878 www.archetype3d.com
- ● Develop and/or build models, prototypes, and mock-ups in the most feasible way per customer requirements, goals, and objectives.
- ● Collaborate on product design solutions witha model building team to influence the feasibility of production or prototype runs.
- ● Take strong ownership in projects and provide vital feedback to the team and the customers.
- ● Recommend and use materials, methods, procedures, and technology used in building models and prototypes.
- ● Maintain the use of standard modeling techniques, materials, processes, and technology.
- ● Perform additional responsibilities as needed.
- ● Work normally under no supervision (after initial training period).
- ● Good competence and creative skills.
- ● Ability to both thrive working independently and as part of a team.
- ● Experience in design and development of models.
- ● Ability to create inventive and appropriate 3d solutions utilizing multiple 3D CAD software
- ● Competence with traditional materials and modeling techniques including sculpting,
machining, 3D CAD skills, 3d printing and CNC machining.
- ● Experience in prototyping or model making, scheduling resources in a model shop, and
collaborating with industrial designers, engineers, and vendors.
- ● Competence in building and fabricating high quality, detailed, unique and complex
prototype models using plastics, wood, and additional materials.
- ● Ability to program, operate, and maintain equipment such as CNC, 3d printers, laser
etcher/cutter, mills, table saws, routers, band saws, and general shop hand tools.
- ● Ability to collaborate with design teams to understand and plan project build needs,
brainstorm ideas, and review build progress.
- ● Familiarity with industrial design concepts and processes.
- ● Well-developed conceptual, analytical, and communication skills.
- ● Ability to make sound decisions without all relevant data present.
- ● Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- ● Ability to solve problems with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- ● Ability to be a self-starter, reliable, motivated in your work, and to work in a team
Work Authorization: Archetype3D will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
Compensation: $20-25 per hour plus bonuses, depending on experience. Paid vacation.